Conservation of natural habitats and objects of the Prioksko-Terrasny Biosphere Reserve (BR) is carried out by the State Inspection, the employees are a part of the reserve’s staff. Besides, for the reserve conservation there can be involved public inspections, which are formed by territorial structures of the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage.
Penalties for the violation of the rules of strictly protected areas are mentioned in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, Chapter 26 “Environmental Crime”, and in the Code of the Russian Federation on administrative violations, Chapter 8 “Administrative Violations in the Sphere of Natural Environment Protection and Natural Resource Usage.”
The director of the reserve is the chief state inspector of the territory protection.
The state inspector has the right to:
- check the documents that allow to stay within the territory of the reserve;
- check the documents that allow to carry out activities in the sphere of natural resource usage and other activities in the reserve and within the adjacent buffer zone;
- apprehend people within the reserve and its buffer zone, who have broken the laws of the Russian Federation in strictly protected natural areas, draw up reports on the wrongdoing and bring the offenders to law enforcement agencies;
- submit materials about bringing people, responsible for breaking the laws of the reserve, to administrative responsibility;
- withdraw from law breakers, who have broken the law in strictly protected natural areas of the Russian Federation, products and instruments of illegal wildlife usage, vehicles and relevant documents and register the withdrawal according to the established manner.
In the reserve, it is forbidden to carry out any activities that contradict to the objectives of the reserve and the rules of the strictly protected area, including:
- actions that alter the hydrological regime of the land;
- exploration and development of mineral deposits, soil disturbance, outputs of minerals, outcrops and rock formations;
- principal use felling, preservation of soft resin, timber saps, medicinal plants and technical raw materials, as well as other ways of timber exploitation, except for cases, mentioned in the Regulation;
- mowing, grazing, placement of beehives and apiaries, picking and harvesting wild fruit, berries, mushrooms, nuts, seeds, flowers and other types of flora usage, except for cases, mentioned in the Regulation;
- the construction and placement of industrial and agricultural enterprises and their facilities, construction of buildings, roads, crossovers, power lines and other communications, except those, which are needed for the reserve function; moreover, as for the objects included in the general outplan building permissions are issued in accordance with the law on local government and the Town Planning Code of the Russian Federation;
- commercial, sport and amateur hunting; fishing; other ways of wildlife exploitation, except for cases, mentioned in the Regulation;
- the introduction of living organisms for the purposes of acclimatization;
- the usage of fertilizers and plant protection chemicals;
- domestic animals driving;
- for unauthorized people and vehicles walking, driving, using restricted routes;
- collecting zoological, botanical and mineralogical units, except for those that are initiated according to themes and scientific research plans;
- planes and helicopters passing lower than 2000 meters above the reserve without securing approval of its administration or the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage, as well as for planes breaking the sound barrier over the reserve;
- other activities that disturb the natural processes, have bad impact on the state of natural complexes and objects and are not related to the implementation of reserve objectives.